Today I deployed my first versioned release. I decided to use a convention similar to the semantic versioning convention that NPM uses.
- The first numeral represents major releases
- The second numeral represents new features or major enhancements
- The third numeral represents minor enhancements, bug fixes, performance improvements or other miscellaneous changes
Eventually I plan to make the version number on the main page a hyper link that will allow players to see the full change history for the game.
I also make some changes from the previous, unversioned version. 🙂
- Added the game’s title, Space Frigates to the top of the screen
- Added the list of keyboard controls to the bottom left corner
- Added the current version to the bottom right corner
The fonts and general look are not superb but I wanted to get those done today so anybody that might take a peek at the game would have some idea of how to play.
What would you like to see in the next version? Please let me know in the comments below.